- This event has passed.
Workshop: Digital Transformation in Manufacturing
October 23, 2018 @ 4:15 pm - 6:00 pm
WORKSHOP: Digital Transformation in Manufacturing
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2018
Digital Transformation in Manufacturing was the highest-rated breakout session at the 2018 Summit. GTAMC has arranged an accessible, deeper dive into this topic for GTAMC member companies’ employees at 20 Fathoms, Traverse City’s new cutting-edge Technology Hub and Business Incubator.
4:15 PM TOUR: 20 Fathoms Technology Hub and Incubator
20 Fathoms, Traverse City’s first technology business incubator, opened in July and is off to a strong start. 20 Fathoms’ staff will lead a private tour of the facility with opportunity to meet some of the companies in residence, a number of which are working on the integration of digital technologies with physical product development and processing. To learn more see https://20fathoms.org
5:00-6:00 PM WORKSHOP: Digital Transformation in Manufacturing
Often referred to as Industry 4.0, or digital manufacturing, software and sensors affect everything from product design to simulation, prototyping, process improvement, distribution, etc, as a “digital thread” increasingly links all participants in the value chain.
Manufacturing ranks 6 out of 22 industry sectors in overall digitization according to the McKinsey Global Institute. Eighty-three percent of manufacturing industry executives say their companies have Big Data projects underway, most with machine learning/AI (artificial intelligence).
In this workshop, your takeaways will be:
- learning about the digital transformation underway in manufacturing—globally and locally
- meeting Traverse City business leaders who shape businesses in this environment
- insights on how you can help create digital capabilities in your industrial organizations
The session will include:
- Video introduction to Industry 4.0 — Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center
- Video: “Developing Digital Capabilities in Manufacturing”, Digital Capabilities Center- Chicago
- Jim Chan, Chief Architect, RJG, Inc. Former Oracle, Disney, GM. RJG is a world-leader in technology and training in injection molding and is headquartered in Traverse City. https://www.rjginc.com
- Tim Nash, VP Technology Solutions, Traverse City-based Aveopt, Inc https://www.aveopt.com
- Host/Moderator Dennis Arouca, Board Member Grand Traverse Economic Development Corp. and Grand Traverse Manufacturing Council. Former VP ArcelorMittal Steel. https://www.grandtraverseedc.com/resources/ https://www.makegreatthings.org
To register: https://20fathoms.org/events/
The events registration tab is now live. This is a free event, but space is limited to 35. Priority will go to GTAMC member companies until October 5, after which the event will be open to the public.