Grand Traverse Area Manufacturing Council
Background On Regional Manufacturing
Manufacturing has a huge multiplier effect in northern Michigan. This data shows how strong of an impact manufacturing has on our region followed by articles on the companies leading to that effect.
- Most people in out area work for large (>100 employees) or medium (20-100 employees) manufacturers.
- There are a lot of small companies that add up to 15% of the total employment in this region.
Grand Traverse County is our main employment driver in the region.
- Food production and processing, not inclusive of farming or restaurants
- Metal machining, forming and fabrication
- Assembled products, companies who make a final and completed assembly of some sort
- We have more companies engaged in metal forming and fabrication than any other industry
- Assembled products is next followed by wood/stone working.
- Food production companies are generally larger employers, they have a significant impact
Regional Data Considers Five Counties
Impact of Manufacturing in Northern Michigan
Do you have questions or want to learn more about the Grand Traverse Area Manufacturing Council? Please contact us today. We’re always happy to help!